Hi there! Welcome to Believe In A Budget. I'm Kristin, the creator behind the blog. So much has happened since I launched this blog in 2015. It has completely changed my life for the better.
I started my blog because I completely loved reading other websites and bloggers. I was really interested in personal finance (hence, the name of this website!) but my online interests were pretty diverse.
When I started this blog, I was still working at my day job. I had a great job and loved my field of work as a designer. I worked on amazing projects! In addition to working, I also did a lot of side hustling to help get out of debt, save money and save for my emergency fund.
I knew I wanted to start a blog and that it had the potential to be successful, but also knew it was going to be a lot of hard work. For the first few months, I spent all my free time outside of my day job trying to learn how to become a better blogger!
Fast forward to less than a year later, I managed to figure out enough about how blogging worked to quit my day job. It was a little nerve racking, but I've never looked back since! Blogging is one of the best side hustles I could have ever started and I had no idea it would turn into a full time online job. While there are always up and downs with having my own blog and business, I feel very fortunate to be where I am today!
Stick around, grab a coffee or tea, and let's get to know each other!
- In January 2015 I launched Believe In A Budget, where I shared my journey on saving money and getting out of debt by doing random paying jobs, which I liked to call side hustling!
- I figured if I could get one person to read my blog and help that person start a side hustle, my blog would be a success!
- I had no idea what I was doing. It was a big learning process and I was obsessed with trying to learn as much as I could.
- After a few months of blogging and receiving little to no traffic – I'm talking maybe 5,000 monthly pageviews – I was getting really annoyed. I was reading a lot of information on how to increase my online traffic, but none of it resonated with me.
- Instead, I decided to play around with Pinterest. All of a sudden my monthly traffic went from 5,000 to 17,000 page views in 1 month. The next month, I hit 40,000 views. Bingo!
- Within a matter of MONTHS, I shot up to over 200,000 monthly page views. That's awesome, right?!
So what did this mean for my blog? Well, as my traffic increased, so did my blog income!
- I published my very first blog income report and made $60 within four months of starting my blog!
- I QUIT MY DAY JOB in October 2016 (only 10 months after starting this website) to focus on my blog and business full time. Woohoo!
- In my first year of blogging (while at my full time day job), I made around $13,000 in my spare time (mostly nights and weekends).
- In my second year of blogging (my first full year of my blog and business), I made around $91,000.
- In my third year of blogging (my second full year of my blog and business), I made around $290,000!
- 2018 is my fourth year of blogging (my third full year of my blog and business).
As you can see, that's a lot of growth in a very short amount of time. If you have thought about starting your blog or online business, you can get more blogging ideas, tips and a tutorial here.
- Things went so well my first year of blogging, I quit my job within a year of starting Believe In A Budget to blog full time and provide Pinterest management services to fellow bloggers and businesses.
- Over the course of a year, I realized I could help more people by offering courses and products instead of working 1:1 with clients.
- Today, I've converted my Pinterest business into multiple Pinterest products to help bloggers, businesses and other virtual assistants learn from my success.
- If you want to learn more about Pinterest, this is a great place to start.
- In addition, I teach others how to side hustle with the free side hustle idea cheat sheet and the super popular Side Hustle to Success course.
MEDIA INTERVIEWS / PODCASTS
I am available for interviews and quotes regarding side hustling, entrepreneurship, starting a business, blogging and Pinterest topics. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find me here:
- U.S. News & World Report: How to Earn Money Online
- CBS News: It's Easier Than Ever Than Ever to Make Extra Money on the Side
- Chain of Wealth Podcast: How I Make Money Blogging Full Time
- The Principles of Increase Show with Aja McClanahan: How to Create and Sell Digital Products for Extra Income
WORKSHOPS / SUMMITS / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
I would love to work with you! I am available for workshops and speaking engagements. My recent ‘in person' appearances include:
DIGITAL INTERVIEWS: PINTEREST, BLOGGING, PERSONAL FINANCE, EARNING ONLINE INCOME
You can learn more about me through all these great articles:
- The Power of Pinterest Propels Blogger to Small Business Success
- What Exactly is a Pinterest VA? An Interview with Kristin Larsen
- How This Blogger Was Able to Monetize Her Pinterest Activity
- How to Build Your VA Business Using Pinterest with Kristin Larsen
- How to Become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant Today
- How This Pinterest VA Earns $1,200/Month
- Destroying Debt – an Interview With Kristin Larsen
- How To Use Pinterest to Drive Traffic to Your Blog
- Blogging Tips – Meet Kristin Larsen of Believe In A Budget
PRINT INTERVIEWS, MENTIONS:
Magazine and book media:
SPONSORSHIPS / PARTNERSHIPS
I love working with brands when it makes complete sense for both parties involved! We can work on a wide range of partnerships including blog posts, social media, in-person events and more.
INQUIRIES, COMMENTS AND GENERAL QUESTIONS
Please say hello at email@example.com