Elite Blog Academy is a popular blogging course geared towards new and established bloggers. I've waited nearly a year to write this review as I wanted to be able to give an honest review.
It's amazing what can happen over the course of a year. At the time of writing this post, I've had this blog for 15 months.
I had been reading Elite Blog Academy reviews for a few months before deciding to pull the trigger. I probably read every review I could find, ha! I've also signed up for a lot of the free products EBA gives out as well.
The most helpful freebie from EBA was how to get organized and set goals for my blog. I was really confused about the structure of my blog and the overall plan, so this guide really helped me create a plan.
My initial impression of Elite Blog Academy
I weighed the pros and cons of signing up for Elite Blog Academy.
The biggest con for me? The price. How could I justify the cost of this course? This was a crazy amount of money for someone new to blogging to spend. I was worried.
But in the back of my mind, all I could think of was this course could possibly change my life. For the better. I read success after success story. At first, I was skeptical. How could all of my favorite bloggers ALL be successful?
So I went for it.
The course was everything and then some. I can't even begin to tell you how diverse the course is and how in-depth each unit covers. My blog essentially went from a hobby to a business because of this course and helped me see the bigger picture.
Oh – and before I continue on, there is definitely chatter about Ruth's book How To Blog For A Profit: Without Selling Your Soul and that it's similar to the course. I read the book first and then signed up for the course.
I would say yes- there are some similarities (obviously – it's the same author and it's a similar topic). The book is great as an overview, but the course is much more in depth and teaches you how to do everything.
How I got started with Elite Blog Academy
I started my blog like most other people – I just went for it! One of the best decisions I made early on was to join Elite Blog Academy when it opened for enrollment. I was so excited to join! The course lasted for 12 weeks and I could go at my own pace or follow the schedule that was provided.
That course changed everything! It inspired everything you are going to see below. Elite Blog Academy aka EBA taught me so many things, such as:
- how to create amazing blog content
- how to get started monetizing my blog
- how to seek out extra income for my blog through sponsored posts and working with brand
- tips, suggestions and ideas on creating products
- how to promote my blog on social media
- and more!
If you want to get on the waiting list for EBA, you can sign up here. EBA usually only opens once a year in February, so enrollment is limited.
The nice thing is when you sign up ahead of time, you receive a few free goodies on blogging that are super helpful! You definitely need to get on the list if you are a new blogger and it doesn't matter what time of the year you sign up for the list.
In order to provide the best review of Elite Blog Academy, I wrote this review 12 months after taking the course so I could give honest feedback. I also answered a lot of common questions below that I received about the course as well!
What I learned from taking the Elite Blog Academy course:
- I went from 1,000 page views a month last January to 160,000 page views in December. Today I receive over 200,000 page views a month!
- I earned over $13,000 from my blog within 6 months *Update – I made over $91,000 online in 2016! **Update – I've made over $150,000 in 2017 online so far this year! You can read all my income reports here.
- I learned how to reach out to brands directly for sponsored posts
- I created my own freelance business and my own products
That's a lot of accomplishments!
At the time of signing up for this course, my blog was only a few months old, so I passed some amazing milestones last year.
Of course, EBA didn't accomplish all these things for me. It's not like I handed over my money and results rolled in (ha, that'd be awesome!)
EBA provided me with the tools, information and guidance I needed, but I'm the one who had to take all this knowledge and apply it myself. I hustled hard to check everything off the list above.
If you aren't ready to hustle and work hard, don't bother reading the rest of this post.
If you are ready to grow your blog, make more money and expand your horizons, this course is for you.
Here are even more pros I got out of Elite Blog Academy:
- Forums / Private Facebook group – They're gold. It's like combining every mastermind group into one resource. You can find a wealth of information in the group alone.
- The units have videos, worksheets and printables. Everyone learns differently and I'm so glad there are different teaching platforms. I also printed everything out into a binder – sometimes I printed things twice because I had so many notes and
wanted them to look prettywanted to keep everything organized.
- Sense of direction and saving time. Prior to the course, I was spending way too much time trying to figure things out. I didn't know anything about plug-ins, guest posting, monetizing with ads – basically I was blogging blindly. I would have saved a lot of time if I just went through the course instead of just trying to do it all on my own.
Tips for taking Elite Blog Academy
- Go in order if it's your first time taking the course. It's easy to jump ahead and read the other units. Read them if you want, but the first few units are like building the foundation. You then use the work from those units towards the later units. Try not to jump around because each unit goes in order for a reason!
- It's a lot of work! There's no easy button. You have to carve out some time each week to work on lessons.
- Find an accountability partner. After you sign up, you will be able to view the class roster, so find another blogger to team up with on assignments. Today, some of the bloggers I worked with initially are now my closest friends, which is awesome! Everyone is super friendly and helpful.
Common questions about Elite Blog Academy
Q: How many hours a week did you spend working on assignments?
A: This varied. I probably spent more time in the beginning because the first few lesson plans were tough for me and I really put a lot of time and thought into each assignment.
Other units were a little less involved and took me less time. I will say that I work slow and am meticulous about getting the most out of every unit, so I probably spent a little longer on units than other bloggers.
Some units and lessons were easier for me. Everyone will be different, but I would plan on committing a solid 5 – 10 hours per lesson.
Q: What makes Elite Blog Academy different than other courses?
A: EBA covers everything! The course definitely goes over so many different aspects of blogging and let's you really explore what interests you.
First of all, you learn how to write better content which is huge. Without content, your blog is irrelevant. EBA also dives into how to work with brands/sponsors, how to use ads effectively and how to create products.
These were some of the things I really wanted to focus on and ended up making a huge difference for my blog!
Q: Is EBA only for new bloggers or can an established blogger benefit from this course?
A: So the great thing about Elite Blog Academy is that most bloggers go through the course at least a second time! One you are enrolled, you have unlimited access to the course.
This is great because when Ruth Soukup decided to add even more information to the course, you get it for free!
With that being said, you'd be amazed how many established, big bloggers go back through this course. As your blog grows, you are going to end up focusing on different things then when you first started.
So areas you might not have focused on as much the first time around, you will end up spending more time on in the second (or third) go around.
For example, I didn't focus on Facebook at all the first time around because I was too focused on creating content, products, etc. This time around, that's an area I really want to focus on building up!
Q: Elite Blog Academy is a big financial investment for me…is it worth it?
A: Ok, two things on this. First, EBA allows you to pay monthly, which is awesome. Like many of you, I'm on a budget too. This actually wasn't an option for me when I took the course, and I totally would have taken advantage of this though! So don't feel like you have to pay everything upfront. With the monthly payment plan, you still get full access from day one.
Second, I made over $13,000 with six months of taking the course. My blog views also went from something ridiculous like 5,000 monthly views to 160,000 monthly views in the same time frame. That's insane! For me, it was worth the investment and I made my money back pretty quickly.
Q: Do I need to have a blog to take EBA?
A: No. Since EBA only opens up once a year and you know you are going to need blogging help, I would go ahead and sign up for the course. This way once you are ready to start your blog, you will have the tools you need to get started and access to the course 24/7.
If you are thinking about starting a blog, this tutorial will help you start a blog today. You’ll also get a FREE domain name for a year! I invested around $100 to start my blog using Bluehost. I would start your blog first and have it setup first, even if it doesn't have any content. Then you can start EBA and be ready to go!
Reasons why you should sign up for Elite Blog Academy
I think pretty much every blogger will agree that EBA let's you see the bigger picture and helps you figure out that whatever direction you want to go in with your blog, the course shows you how to go about it.
If you want to:
- Focus on writing, the course will teach you the importance of guest posting, creating a freebie for download, opt-in ideas for new subscribers, etc.
- Create a product or start a business, the course will walk you through on how to figure out what your product should be. Since taking this course, I've created 3 products!
- Monetize your blog: EBA will teach you about ads, sponsored posts and working with brands in detail.
So bottom line – was the course worth it? Would I pay for it again? Yes! There's no way I'd be where I am now without taking the course.
Elite Blog Academy has limited enrollment. The best thing to do is get on the waitlist so you can start learning more about EBA, enrollment periods and receive all the freebies before the course opens!